Kinda-Close Cobb Salad
Salads are the easiest way to eat up your produce, but it’s easy for them to become uninspired. Our Kinda-Close Cobb Salad blends local and sustainably sourced ingredients for a crunchy salad that’s satisfying and will keep you full until dinner. Because you can’t go wrong with a salad that tosses fresh vegetables with hearty proteins! (Serves 4)
- 1 Lettuce, washed and de-stemmed
- ½ lb tomatoes, washed, quartered, and sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 avocado, cleaned, quartered, and sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1-2 carrots, cleaned, peeled, and sliced into thin half-moon pieces
- 1 lemon, halved
- ½ c. olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced small
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard (optional)
- Pinch of honey or sugar
- 2-4 eggs, hard-boiled and sliced into bite-sized pieces (optional)
- 1 lb chicken breast, cooked and sliced thin (optional)
- 2-inch baguette, sliced ¼ inch thin (easiest when frozen slightly) (optional)
- (Optional) Place eggs in a small pot and cover with cold water, about an inch over.
- Cover and boil 8-10 minutes, then let sit in an ice bath until ready to peel.
- Cook chicken, if desired.
- If also desired, drizzle thin baguette slices with olive oil and a pinch of salt and cook 4-5 minutes to make homemade croutons!
- To make dressing, mix lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic, and mustard, if using, in a small bowl.
- Using a whisk, drizzle olive oil in, slowly, until the dressing has slightly thickened and doesn’t split apart.
- Add honey or sugar to taste. (Unless you’re using mustard, it will break!)
- Clean and cut veggies, then mix lettuce and carrots in a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle with dressing until lightly coated.
- Finish with rest of toppings and drizzle with dressing as desired.