Oven-Roasted Chicken w/ Caramelized Onion & Tomato Jam
Our oven roasted chicken is always a hit, and our chefs are sharing one variation of it in this oven roasted chicken with caramelized onion and tomato jam recipe. (Psst! It’s the perfect way to preserve your extra tomatoes!) (Serves 2)
- Peel onions, halve, and slice thinly so onion looks like matchsticks.
- Add oil to a warmed skillet, then and add onions. Keep heat on medium or medium low.
- Stir in sugar. Continue to cook slowly, stirring occasionally, until onions start to turn brown and jammy.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook several more minutes until tomatoes are incorporated.
- Pat dry chicken breasts and season thoroughly with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Set on a greased, oven-safe pan and cook at 400-degrees until internal temperature reads 165-degrees.
- Serve oven baked chicken on plate topped with tomato jam.