This Rainbow Radish and Asparagus Ensalade is a refreshing dish full of Spring flair! Using Spring ingredients, this dish will definitely bring fresh, vibrant colors to any meal. (Serves 4)
- Blanch the asparagus, cut off 1inch of the bottoms of the asparagus then toss into small pot of salted boiling water.
- Just as soon as they turn vivid green, take them out with kitchen tongs and place into a iced water, chill, put to the side.
- Thinly slice half of radishes with a knife and place in a bowl (thinner the better). Leave remaining radishes whole if small, or slice in half or into wedges if larger and place in same bowl.
- Take the chilled asparagus and cut into thirds and place in same bowl. Season well with kosher salt. Squeeze and mix asparagus and radishes several times with your hands to work salt into flesh.
- Squeeze lemon halves to get 3 tbsp. juice; save one half for zesting later.
- Add lemon juice to bowl and finely grate half of cheese over radishes; toss well to coat.
- Crumble remaining cheese into bowl. Add basil and 2 tbsp. oil and toss again.
- Taste and season with more kosher salt and pepper if needed.
- Place a bed of lightly oiled and salted spinach on a platter.
- Top spinach with tossed salad from the bowl.
- Drizzle with more oil, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper, and finely grated zest from reserved lemon.