This next recipe is a main attraction. Whether you enjoy it for brunch or dessert, this Apple-Strawberry “Galette” is a show stopper! Juicy apples and strawberry jam are baked into buttery croissants and sweetened with maple syrup, brown sugar, and cinnamon. (Serves 4)
- 2 croissants, halved lengthwise
- 2 apples, peeled and cubed small
- 2-3 oz Strawberry jam
- 4-6 oz butter
- 2 oz brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp powdered sugar (optional)
- First, halve the croissants and cut the apples.
- In a small bowl, combine the apples, strawberry jam, 2 ounces of butter, the brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, maple syrup (if using), lemon zest, and juice.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat, add another 2 ounces of butter, and then add the apple mixture, stirring occasionally.
- While that’s cooking, melt 2 ounces of butter and lightly brush the inside of the croissant halves, and sprinkle with a mix of the cinnamon and white sugar.
- Lightly toast until the croissants are crispy and the sugar darkens slightly. Set aside.
- When the apples are tender and the sauce has thickened, arrange the croissants inside-up and spoon the apple mixture over, taking care to keep as much as you can over the croissant itself.
- Finish with a small sprinkling of powdered sugar for garnish!