And speaking of kale, did you check out our feature on the leafy green? There are so many ways to cook it, including crisping it into kale chips. Our chefs are sharing their favorite recipe this week, baked kale crisps.
- 12 large kale leaves, rinsed, dried, cut in half lengthwise, remove center stems
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Notes: If you can wash, rinse, and dry the kale before cooking, it will make the crisps much crispier and not soggy.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Take the kale and rip them into 1”-2” pieces and place in a bowl.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil over the kale and mix with garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika.
- The trick here is just to get a light glaze over the kale and not drown it in the oil.
- Make sure there are no clumps of paprika, garlic or onion powders.
- Arrange the leaves in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the kale with salt and pepper.
- Be sure to turn off convection, if you have a convection oven.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes until the leaves are crisp.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!