For a lighter lunch, both filling and color-wise, this spring mix salad is bursting with flavor and textures. Our chefs took this staple one step further with Refreshing Organic Spring Mix salad with White Wine Poached Pears. On top of the traditional spring mix, this recipe calls for some pears and a drizzle of white wine for a totally #extra meal!
- 7oz Olivia’s Organic Spring Mix
- 2 Bartlett Pears, Peeled and cut in half
- Half a bottle of Pinot Grigio
- 4oz Sugar
- 1 Lemon, Zested and Juiced
- 1.5 Cup Water
- 2 oz Parmesan, Shaved
- 5 Turnips, Washed and trimmed, Using a Mandolin shave turnips into paper thin slices
Easy Pear Vinaigrette
- 2 ½ Tbsp Pear Cooking Liquid
- 1 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Shallot, small dice
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt to Taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper to Taste
- Place the pears in a nonreactive pot.
- Add wine, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and water.
- Place onto the stove and set to medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Then reduce down to a simmer after the boil.
- Using a heat resistant plate place it over the pears to submerge for about 20-25 minutes.
- Once the time is done using a knife test the pear tenderness by inserting it into the widest part of the pear and see if it easily goes through the pear.
- Remove from the pot and cool in the refrigerator.
- Take remaining liquid and strain into a bowl and place the liquid into the refrigerator.
- Rest for at least 30 minutes.
- In a blender add the pear cooking liquid, white wine vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, diced shallot, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend mixture until the base ingredients are well combined then gently pour in olive oil until well emulsified.
- Depending on your liking less oil for a loose vinaigrette, and more for a thicker vinaigrette.
- Store in the refrigerator in a container that is airtight until use.
- In a salad bowl lightly dress the spring mix with the vinaigrette and light salt and pepper.
- Slice the pear into medium sized wedges.
- Layer on top of spring mix with pears, turnips, parmesan and candied walnuts.
- Drizzle lightly with vinaigrette before serving.