Fresh Garden Beef All Souls Tortilla Nachos
Along with a Mexican take on surf, our chefs developed two turf recipes equally worth trying. Fresh Garden Beef All Souls Tortilla Nachos calls for seven herbs and spices for the taco seasoning along with sweet corn, crunchy bell peppers, juicy cherry tomatoes, and beef for the nachos.
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, small diced
- ¾ c. water
- 16 oz shredded cheese
- 2 cobs of corn, cooked and stripped off the cob
- 2 bell peppers, diced small
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Scallions, sliced for garnish
- ½ bag All Souls Tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cut the tortilla into wedges, about 6 or 8 per tortilla. Arrange the wedges in a single layer on a roasting sheet tray. Bake off for 7 minutes, then turn the pan and bake for another 8 minutes until the chips are crisped, but not too dark. Lightly sprinkle with finishing salt.
- While chips are baking in the oven, on the stove top, brown the ground beef and diced onions over medium heat until fully cooked. Be sure to drain the liquid out.
- Season the beef with the homemade taco seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir in water and bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and simmer until the liquid is evaporated, about 5-7 minutes.
- Scoop beef over the baked tortilla chips.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and fully melted.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle diced tomatoes, peppers, corn, and sliced scallions on top.
- Serve immediately with favorite toppings such as homemade guacamole, sour cream, salsa, etc.