Looking for a refreshing Spring salad? Look no further! This bright and colorful salad is sure to be a hit! (Serves 4)
- 1 bunch of Asparagus Spears
- 2 Large Oranges, Supremed
- 2 Tbsp Parsley, roughly chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Cucumber, Thin Slices Cut on the Bias
- ½ Onion, Shaved very thin
- ½ Carrots, Shaved very thin
- Red & Green Leaf Lettuce chopped up
- Additional artisanal cheeses such as goat cheese, blue cheese, etc.
- Coarse Sea Salt to Taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper to Taste
Orange Tarragon Vinaigrette
- ½ cup Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- 1 Orange, Zested.
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Tarragon, Chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ tsp Honey (Use Agave for Vegan Recipe)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to Consistency
- Kosher Salt to Taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste
To Make the Orange Tarragon Vinaigrette
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, use a whisk to mix the orange juice, orange zest, chopped tarragon, honey and dijon mustard.
- Once mixed, gradually pour extra virgin olive oil into the blend, and whisk until emulsified.
- Depending on your preference whether you like vinaigrettes at a light viscosity or a thicker dressing. Add less extra virgin olive oil for less thickness, add more for a thicker dressing.
- Finally add salt and pepper to taste depending on your preference.
To Make Ribboned Spring Asparagus Salad
- Shave the Asparagus, onions, and carrots into ribbons. Using a peeler grab the ingredients by the base and peel carefully into thin strands, save in separate bowls. On the asparagus be sure not to use about 1 inch of the bottom of the stalk as it is a grainy texture.
- In a separate mixing bowl place asparagus ribbons, sliced cucumbers, shaved onions and carrots and mix gently.
- On the edge of the bowl spoon 3 tablespoon of the orange tarragon vinaigrette in and gently incorporate. Trick is to start with one tablespoon and mix and then repeat until desired results, that way the vegetables are not soaked and completely saturated by the vinaigrette.
- Season mixture with salt and pepper.
- Grab a serving tray or salad dish and layer the bottom with chopped red & green lettuce, and layer the asparagus mixture on top.
- Take orange supremes and place on top of salad and dust with chopped parsley. If wanted, crumble artisanal cheese on top of salad to your liking. Finalize with a light sprinkle of salt and pepper once more to taste.
- Serve Immediately.