If you’re looking for a more summeresque meal, opt for spicy-sweet chicken tacos with peach fire compote. Hot sauce adds heat while peaches pop in for juicy sweetness. You’ll want Taco Tuesday to be taco everyday! (Serves 4)
- 1 lb. chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 oz olive oil
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 oz lime or lemon juice
- 2 oz honey
- 3-4 white corn tortillas
- 2 peaches, cored and cut small
- ½ red onion, diced small
- 1 clove garlic minced small
- 1-2 oz Barry’s Hot Sauce
- 1-2 oz honey
- 1-2 oz canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Start with the compote.
- In a small sauté pan over medium heat, add the oil and wait a few moments. Add the onion and cook 1-2 minutes, then add garlic.
- Cook garlic for 30 seconds, then add peaches and hot sauce to your liking.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes, until the compote turns jelly-like. (Taste, and add more hot sauce if you prefer spicier or add some honey if you prefer sweeter!) Set aside.
- Combine the chicken, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders, crushed red pepper, juice, and honey in a medium-size bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Place onto a greased baking sheet and cook for 10-12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. (Alternatively, sauté in a medium-sized skillet for 5-7 minutes or until chicken is done.)
- Warm the tortillas on a plate for about 45 seconds in the microwave with a wet paper towel, then build the tacos!