Garlic Herb Smashed Potatoes
And on the topic of potatoes, if you’ve never added garlic to your favorite mashed potato recipe, you’re missing out! Our chefs’ garlic herb smashed potatoes is so flavorful, expect to have seconds and even thirds. (Serves 4)
- 1lb red potatoes (creamers)
- 4 Tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp dry marjoram
- ½ c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place potatoes in a pot of water.
- Salt water and bring to a boil.
- After boiling, turn down heat and simmer until potatoes are fork tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, toss potatoes with melted butter, minced garlic, thyme, rosemary, oregano, and marjoram.
- Using a small pot, press down on the potatoes to “smash” them flat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
- Put onto a folded sheet tray, and place in oven until the potatoes and parmesan are golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from sheet tray and plate.