In the mood for steak? Us too! This week’s strip steak grills beautifully in our Grilled Chimichurri Strip Steak & Asparagus with Garlicky Potatoes recipe. We find that the kick of the chimichurri sauce and the crunch of asparagus up levels this rendition of the meat and potatoes pairing.
- Strip steak, whole
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Chimichurri sauce
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp pepper
- 1 lb tri-color potatoes, rinsed and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced small
- Clean and cut all produce, and turn your grill on medium-high heat.
- Salt and pepper the strip steak on both sides.
- Drizzle the asparagus with olive oil, and salt and pepper as well. Do the same with the potatoes, adding in the garlic.
- Spread out a large sheet of aluminum foil, and wrap the potatoes in it, leaving a small hole at the top.
- Put the potatoes on the top rack of the grill, and remember to spray the streak and asparagus before putting them on the hottest portion of the grill.
- Remember to close the lid!
- Give the asparagus 3 minutes or so, and then flip around.
- Give the steak 4 minutes, twist 90 degrees, and cook another minute.
- Flip and repeat after another 3-4 minutes, adding a pat of butter over the top of the steak.
- Remove, and let rest for several minutes before cutting.
- The potatoes should take 10-12 minutes to steam, but feel free to open the foil pouch and let them roast a couple minutes to get some color.
- Serve the steak with the chimichurri sauce and enjoy!