Halfway Home Huevos Rancheros
Start your morning with Halfway Home Huevos Rancheros, a traditional Mexican dish with sunny side up eggs, ground beef, vegetables, and potatoes served with salsa. You can make it without the beef for a vegetarian meal as well!
- 1 lb tri-colored potatoes, cleaned and cut medium
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 box cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bell pepper, cleaned and cut small
- ½ box baby bella mushrooms, stemmed and sliced thin
- 1 avocado, cut medium
- 6 eggs
- 4 oz White Oak Salsa
- 2 tortillas
- 2-4 oz canola oil
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp Southern Style Spice Mix
- Black Beans
- Roasted Corn
- Sour Cream
- Sear your potatoes in a medium-sized skillet on high heat, making sure to get a nice crust on the bottom. Cover for 1-2 minutes to let steam, then remove from the pan, seasoning with a little salt, pepper, and spice mix.
- Cook the ground beef, then add a big portion of the seasoning mix, salt, and pepper. Then remove and drain 3/4th of the fat. Add the mushrooms, cooking for 3-5 minutes without stirring until mushrooms are golden as well. Remove.
- Add in the tomatoes and peppers and cook until soft, seasoning as well. Remove and set with the rest of the veggies, add a splash of oil, and quickly cook the eggs until nicely scrambled, being sure not to overcook (you want them a little looser).
- Combine the eggs with all of the cooked produce and ground beef, adding the remaining seasoning to taste. (If you like, you can sear off your tortillas as well, but I generally prefer to steam them in the microwave for about 20 seconds before serving!)
- Finish with your garnish of choice and dig in!